Friday, August 19, 2005

The rain in spain ...

As the black clouds crossed the sky yesterday afternoon, they mirrored the look on my face. The sun had shone for 3 days, in fact yesterday lunch time as I ate some sushi in Borough Market the temperature was touching 100 degrees. Yes, I know I am prone to exageration but hey, as Bern would say it's my blog. Anyway ... you may wonder why I was that bothered about the weather? Generally, as nice as it is when the sun shines, I have a lot of other things to moan about before the weather. But last night I had booked to go Somerset House to sit in the 18th century courtyard and combibe an urban picnic, there woprds not mine, with live DJing and a film ... in this case Spirited Away. Well anyway, the clouds did hold off ... brussels pate and blue cheese was consumed as well as lashing and lashings of ginger beer. All in all a quality night, quality company ... even if I do say so myself.

Today however the rain is falling. It's like we haven't had rain for months, then all of a sudden it all wants to fall at once. Just in time for the weekend. The weekend before the Bank Holiday weekend, and the Notting Hill Carnival.

Before we get to next weekend we've got to get through this one, and our first ever fixture against Wigan Athletic. It should actually be interesting given the fact that we have a sort of match against them on Saturday morning. Yep CIAFC are back and have their first game of the season. I'm down to play in goal, but we will wait and see.

After last weeks victory at Sunderland I'm actually quite looking forward to the game tomorrow. Famous last words eh!!!!!

My tune of the day: Brand New Dance - BeBe Winans

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com