Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The King of Flip Flops ...

Well i never knew flip-flops would be so controversial. From Lattimers use of my lime green number to Giles saying the only other flip flop wearer he knows is Gandhi. It's as though I was wearing an indian headdress or a pair of backless chaps. They are flip-flops straight off Ipanema beach, well one pair was from Copacabana, but really. I like flip-flops and I'll wear them ... but not at the Notting Hill Carnival.

It still annoys me when people stand at the ticket barrier and then fumble for their ticket. What's that all about? It annoys me when people sit on the outside seat and put their bag inside. Per-lease. It annoys me when get off at Cannon Street and light up straight away. For heavens sake, give peace a chance.

I've just heard that I may finally be getting my sofa. I've been waiting for 5 months and was finally giving up hope. So I went back to the showroom. It had been turned into a coffee bar. Lucky that eh? So I go in explain the situation to the Eastern European "Beauty" behind the counter. She plays dumb. Don't know him, don't know any sofa shop. But given that the Sofa Shop proprietor was Eastern European and was telling me about his plan for a coffee shop, I let her carry on. I have to say I was getting more and more adjatated, and she then said I couldn't speak to her like that. You have to laugh. I said I should come back with a van and take the sofas in the coffee shop. She said you can't do that. I said watch me.

You know what, I left my number and within 4 minutes I had a call. A bloke, the owner of the Sofa shop. Oh that's a coincidence. He has my sofa on the van. His phone had been stolen, he didn't have my number. Yea right. He can deliver in the next two days. So I've phoned the back-up. Watch this space.

My tune of the day: First Time - Kenny Carvejal ft Carla Pratha

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com