Thursday, August 04, 2005

Reach for the stars ...

It will be interesting viewing when we turn up t the Stadium of Light on 14 August. Another season in the Premier league, expectation levels at a high. What will this year bring? European football ... dear god, relegation!!!! But this is Charlton, so anything can happen. What we will now is that up one end of the Stadium will be sitting the best goalscorer we've had down the Valley since Killer back in the days. Yep, Sir Clive will be using voucher 1 in his Sunderland season ticket book, hoping his boys put one over on us. It's been a few years now since Clive left. We've had Andy Hunt playing up front. The boy Lisbie, Jeffers ... but no one to write home about. That is ... until now.

This is said with some hope, but what we saw last night actually left me with a smile on my face. A striker willing to lead the line. A striker willing to have a shot, to run the channels, to get his head on the end of it. Even a striker that romances Lady Luck. Step forward Darren Bent. Let's hope that I haven't put a mockers on him.

I arrived back home last night just in time to catch the last 15 minutes of BB. I turned on, and watched as Craig and Anthony had another Lovers Holiday. I nearly choked on my super noodles however when Craig piped up ...

"There is a famous saying in history ... fortune favours the bold!!!!"

Blimey, I must have missed that one. It's like watching then chuckle brothers with these two, to you, to me ...

Now, it amused me a day or so ago that Kevin left a comment about this rose wine thingamy. For about 9 months Kev has been banging on about how Rose is the new black, and is very fashionable in Sweden. A bit like crayfish, and meatballs. Kev drinks rose wine whilst wearing a stripy shirt stroke jumper. Fashionable to the uneducated no doubt, but really Kev you are missing out on a lot being in the land of the Volvo. Drinking Rose is not about being fashionable. It's about being cheap. Drink Belvedere Vodka ... or Greygoose. Or a sloeberry gin. Come on Kev kep up.

I received my new Motorola V3 phone. I hated it so I sent it back. Surely there must be a phone out there that I like? Yea, the one I already have !!!!

My tune of the day: Fly Away - Billy Love

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com