Friday, June 02, 2006

Spoken from the heart ...

Cue Paul Parker. You remember him, from the 1990 World Cup and then from a disastrous time as manager of Welling United. Well he has a few things to say ...

"It is easy to say we are going to win it but they are just words," he said.
"I prefer to look at things in a slightly more realistic way. "We were beaten by Northern Ireland in qualifying - and deservedly so - because we were tactically awful and we are also missing Wayne Rooney, who is the one man who can really make something out of nothing for us.
"With him out, there are a few people within the squad who need to stand up and be counted - and I am not sure the quality is there.
"Certainly, I don't think the strength in depth is anywhere near what we had in 1990, nor during Euro 96 for that matter.
"I don't think we are good enough on the counter attack and I don't see us opening up the best sides just by knocking long balls up to Peter Crouch.
"I hope we do well, I really do. But there are a lot of questions to be answered by the current squad and I am just concerned we are getting carried away."


Get in there Paul. You call it like it is. I have to say he nails home a few home truths there, but hey, I've seen your team selection.

It seems Jase might have missed out on playing against England. Out on the piss a few days before the match doesn't bode well. Well I would do it, but then again I'm not a well paid Premiership footballer.

I actually watched Big Brother last night. I was in bed and couldn't find the remote, so just let it play. Hmmm, is the only word I can use. That Sleazer, a proper sleaze bag ... oh well I'll watch Celebrity Pop Idol tonight.

I'm thinking of going here tomorrow.

My tune of the day: Everybody Loves A Good Thing - Patrick Adams Presents Phreek

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com