Thursday, November 24, 2005

Jungle fever ...

So we can all go on a 24 hour drink-athon, or not as the case may be!!!! It's always puzzled me as to why you couldn't go to Tescos or the Corner Shop at 4 in the morning and get a bottle of Vody. Yoy could if you knew where to go, but legally. I have some friends round, the fridge is bare but Tescos couldn't sell me a beer. Does that make me a piss head? Will that mean that I will be spending more time in the boozer? Well watch this space.

I actually voted for Labour 4 years ago because extended licensing laws was on their manifesto. They dropped it soon after and it's taken 4 years to be put back on and go through. I think it's a damn good thing. If some people abuse themselves by excessive drinking, excessive eating well sod them. Ban then from medical treatment. Is that bad? Nah ... course it ain't ... we have to give people the right to drink, if they go over the top that's their fault. Leave them to it.

Typically Lewisham can't put up a list of the pubs/ clubs that have applied for a license, but I presume that's because they are all concentrating on the bleeding parking restrictions going on.


I booked to go to the Palladium in a few weeks to see Tommy Steel in Scrooge. I'm taking my mother. I'm good like that.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans out there ...

My tune of the day: Be Thankful - Jamie Lewis feat. Michelle Weeks

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com