Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Changing of the guard ...

I was trawlling through a few webpages this morning and came across one called Square Football which has an interesting article on Danny Murphy including a comment from Charlton Athletic Supporters Club chairman Paul Nottage. Blimey, I was sure that Paul wasn't the Chairman but I may be wrong, but still a comment from our leader ...

"Danny Murphy has been a revelation this season and I think on present form he deserves a call up to the England squad. I am still unsure why Jenas was selected for the last two games ahead of Murphy as some Spurs fans were saying how bad be was playing. I would select him in the squad but in the position he plays for Charlton he would have to dislodge Frank Lampard in the England team. If I was Sven and had to play him I would play him alongside Lampard with Beckham on the right and King on the left."

King on the left???? No Gerrard, no Cole, blimey things must be bad. As much as I'm liking what Danny is doing for us he won't get in the England Squad let alone the team. Luke Young will be outted once the Chuckle Brother is fit. Oh for giving Benty a chance over Crouch, but we can only dream.

It seems like Cricketing normality is back with us. I woke up at 6 this morning to watch what I thought would be the back end of an England victory. I put the kettle on, turned the heating up and switched on. 123 for 7. Blimey was it Lara and his mob I was watching. No, just a reality check for Pieterson et al. Maybe you should cut your hair and concentrate on the job in hand.

There are moments that make you shake your head. The fax machine isn't working I hear. Have you taken a look at it I reply, does it have ink, paper ... something lodged in it's workings. Yes. yes ... but it doesn't work. I raise myself up, wander over and notice it has no paper. It has no paper I say, Oh I thought you meant paper in the top, under the shelf comes the reply. I shake my head and go and put the kettle on.

I'm feeling fish and chips again tonight. I may make my own chips. Test out my chilli infused oil for frying.

My tune of the day: Shout it out - Louis Benedetti

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com