Monday, November 28, 2005

It's Christmas Time ...

So I went down to Bluewater yesterday. The traffic was fine, but parking was a tad dyer. I do often wonder, when I actually get there why I am there. The shops are crap, the food over-priced, the people ignorant. I suppose you can't do all your shopping on line.

I actually bought my first groceries on line on Friday. I say groceries, but I actually mean wine/ beer. I bought them off the Sainsburys site and had them delivered down to my Mum. It was actually pain free. I just hope they delivered what I ordered.

I'm trying to put the Charlton pains out of my mind. We always play painfully at Villa, and the trend continued on Saturday. I tried listening to the game on line, but I had some paint that I needed to watch dry. In fact I watched the Egg chasing. The best bit was the fisticuffs ... so that just goes to shoe how good Rugby really is. A stupid sport.

I see that Welling Utd are in the First Round proper of the FA Trophy. They have a home draw against either Redbridge or Harrow Boro. I know the Harrow Borough manager David Howells, so I may take a visit down to the San Siro.

I'm having a Kevin moment as I contemplate buying something I don't need. A new Christmas tree. The one I have is 10 years old but works perfectly, but I want a change. A silver one, pink one ... black one? You decide.

I do find it a bit scary that Christmas seems to start earlier and earlier each year. It's not even December yet and even I am talking about Christmas. I've seen trees up, lights on ... and queues for Santa Claus. I'm waiting for the first sight of reindeer horns on the Office girls, Christmas is a coming and the goose is getting fat.

My tune of the day: We Are Unity - Umosia

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com