Tuesday, July 12, 2005

What time is it ...?

In reality we are all getting back to normal. The trains are packed, the same po faced blokes, women doing their makeup. Rock on, is what I say. I even took to wearing beige ... no it wasn't beige but Buckshee thinks so, oh well.

Even down at New Eltham we seem to have gone full circle. After he who was f'n quality left to go to the 'Appy 'Ammers we needed some left back cover. So Big Al decided better the devil you know. Arise Sir Chris Powell. Lets be 'avin you ... the King is dead long live the KING. Chris Powell has come back. A one year deal with hope of some coaching thrown in. Now please tell me this makes sense. Of course it does. A left back is a left back, and as much as we wish we had Roberto Carlos, a left back ain't gonna win us the Champions League. Welcome home Chris.

That was our signing of the day. All this paper talk of Alexi Smertin was just that. Then as I was in the CO-OP buying some lightbulbs I got a call from Mush In da Bush. So who's this Spector bloke you've just signed? He's from UManU and he's with you for a year. So who's this we all ask. Jonathan Spector. A native of Chicago ... we will be liaising with Chicago Addick to monitor his progression. We are becoming a team of Darrens and Jonathans.

Oh and back to Big Brother. I forgot to mention about Maxwell being booted out on Friday. I would say that it was a shock to me given the Chav culture we live in, but one that restores my faith in mankind. I'm actually loving the way that Science is now winding Orlaith up. Yep, Orlaith you deserve it gal. All she does it whack her thrups out which in my book is great TV, but please do something else. They say that Vanessa is boring, but at least she bitches ...

Oh and a new Melon will be stocked by Tesco from this week. A graciosa which has yellow flesh, few seeds and a hint of citrus. Mother Nature must be doing cartwheels.

So the first pre-season friendly takes us to Welling on Thursday. It's always a good one to start and for me allows me to see some of the players that Welling have signed in the summer. I would say that last years 8-0 victory showed what a struggle Welling were going to have over the year. It was by far the worst performance from them against the mighty Addicks, ever. Bar none. But this year Adrian Pennock has been active in the market, despite the loss of Paul Booth, and brought in a few new faces. It will be interesting. I'll see you all there ...

My tune of the day: Holding On (When Love Is Gone) - L.T.D

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com