Friday, July 08, 2005



In reality Ken Livingstone is a strange politician. Red Ken, Look out for Leftie yeah, yeah we know ... we know. But if you had seen his address of the situation you would realise that he does care. He is a Londoner, representing Londoners ... every single one of us.
Now if you swap Ken for one George Galloway, you get what exactly? A war mungerer, a vile horrible individual who has been elected to represent a part of London. Now if I lived in Bethnal Green would I want my MP coming out shouting that Londoners has paid the price for Tony Blair ignoring his warnings. But was George on the tube or the bus yesterday? Did George leave his offices close to Aldgate to lend a hand with the injured and the dead? No of course he didn't. It's an absolute disgrace that someone like this is in politics.
So how long will it take for us to get back to some sort of normality? A week, a month ... a year? Me, I got up at my normal time, had a normal cup of tea ... put on my normal clothes (yeah right!!) and got my normal train. It was empty. I then got off an Cannon Street and took the Tube to Aldgate East. I would say it was a bit quiet, and everyone was eyeing everyone else. But door to door it was 35 minutes. I was in the office eating my sausage sandwich by 08:30. Let's be 'avin you as Delia would say. You can't keep a good man/ city down.
Its Ruths birthday and she's having a meal out tonight. Claire says it's a laid back afair and they are all going home after. None of this 3 day affair. Let's wait and see. Anyway Happy Birthday Roof.
Back to Big Brother. It's Science vs Maxwell. Two of the characters up for eviction as Vanessa and Orlaith sit on doing what exactly?
Football. Stop. Charlton. Stop. Oh, anyway it seems we are being linked with Darren Ambrose of Newcastle. A fee agreed etc, but we've heard that before. I won't believe it until I see it.
My tune of the day: Maybe it's Because I'm a Londoner - Hubert Gregg

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com