Monday, July 04, 2005

It's a sad day ...

So after all the excitement of Live 8, is it me or do artists like Dido, Pete Doherty, even Sir Paul have a difficulty in holding a note, we find that maybe our generations best vocalist, Luther Vandross has passed away. Luther came to being as a backing vocalist for David Bowie in 75 but it was in 1980 that he sang lead on Changes "Glow of Love." I remember that track being played at Southport last November, and I have to say what a tune it is. A classic. Sgt Peper wasn't fit to lace Luthers boots. Hey, but thats a personal thing.

I saw JK over the weekend over at Clapham Common. I've never been one for the Pratt in the Hat, but he did ok, but it was Joey Negro who stole it for me with some stunners in a two hour set.

It was surprising to log onto the Official Charlton site this morning and see the new kit. Still adorned with the Allsports logo. Now all the speculation about the kit being launched on Thursday with some new players, and a new sponsor ... well that just goes to show what a load of old bollies it actually is.

Supposedly Konch is off to the Appy Ammers, and we are signing, er .... hmmm ... hmph, er, nobody. It will all come out in the wash.

My tune of the day: I who have nothing - Luther Vandross

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com