Monday, July 18, 2005

The last one out please turn off the light ...

Well what a weekend. My legs ache, as well as my belly and my head. If there was a competition for drinking Jack and lemonade we would have done better than the football.

It was Worldnet 2005. It was up at Boddington Hall in Leeds and there were 64 teams taking part. There was the smell of soiled nylon all over the place. Football tops, what ever happened to good old fashioned cotton? Oh I do love it oop North.

It was actually nice to spend time with the CIFC boys. Even if they do prefer middle of the road to progressive dance, who am I to complain. Typically the football wasn't up to much but it's the taking part that counts. Right?

We got up to Leeds on Friday afternoon. Given that it was Matts birthday I think he did well in driving all the way. We then had to meet PQ and did so in the Original Oak pub. It was here that the drinking started, when you could get two doubles for just under a fiver. The barmaids were quality. If you chat nonsense to them they remember you, and when there's a dirty big queue just use your charms to get your drinks early doors. Quality. A few hours were also spent in the Walkabout, where Mr Hart drank strawberry Mudchutes for a pound. Not so much quality, as quantity. As for Matt, he embarrassed himself by rolling around in the mud outside. Well it was his birthday.

How we all got up to play football is another question, one that I'm still trying to work out. But I think I should skip the football to mention the bus ride back to the hotel. There you have 15 knackered fellas in a bus just looking forward to a shit/ shower and a few beers. We stop at some lights, as a couple of girls wearing deely boppers walk past. Que bloke reaction. After a rendition of "Get ya tits out" - yes I know, not big nor clever ... we witnessed a rather large pair being flashed in our direction. Well as they say in If you don't ask land ... if you don't ask.

It's just dawned on me that I actually went to watch Welling vs Charlton on thursday evening. It seems so long ago now. It was just a stroll played on grass that was so long that it looked like my back garden, but a 1-1 draw wasn't the best of results. However you do really have to laugh at the people who seem to take this too seriously, and begin to mean. Get over it, and enjoy the win at Bournemouth.

Charlton actually confirmed the Alexi Smertin loan on friday. It seems that competition for places is hotting up. It should be an interesting season. I say should.

How tired can one man be? I am absolutely shattered. I think I need a holiday.

Oh and it's my brothers birthday. So happy birthday Garfield ...

My tune of the day: - Love Will Save The Day - Jaque

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com