Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Peaches and cream ....

And snow covered mountains, these are a few of my favourite things.

But if you lived in Walsall or Woolwich well last night painted a very different picture. If you watched that Darcus Howe programme on Channel Four you would not be going to the Bescott or hanging at the first McDonald's to be opened in the UK. You'd be keeping yourself to yourself, nuff said.

I did actually understand what the people were saying. There you have the Muslim Crew talking about how they don't like this lot, that lot ... and how in 20 years time we'd be living in Pakistan. Hmmm ... I don't think so. It's alright to believe that if your living in your little utopia, but in the big wide world it ain't happening. It was interesting to see that some of the Muslim youth saw Osama Bin Laden as a hero, as opposed to Bush/ the Jews/ the Blacks ... everybody really. To me it's more to do with religion than actually colour. Religion ... what that's all about I don't know ... but it keeps the masses quiet.

Moving on, there's a one page spread in the Sun (yes Kev still reading it) today about how the Ferrieras aren't a real indication of a typical Asian family today. You're having a laugh aint ya? Not typical!!! Really???

Yep, all the first names are of different origins ... a Hindu name, a Muslim name and a Ronny!!! They have a Portuguese surname, and they all drink in the pub.

Then it says how in Bad Girls we have the worst Jamaican accent since Jim Davidson. It's because the woman playing her is African. It's like me playing a Yorkshire man ...

Anyway all the Charlton boys are holding their collective breaths today. Why, we've been linked to a couple of players. I'm not going to name them, cause I'll put a hex on it, but I'm hoping, jeeeezx am I hoping.

My tune of the day: Assatta Dub - Asian Dub Foundation

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, was Murphy one of your hopes?

Lars

Ric said...

I was hoping for a bit of the old Murphys, but I still can't really believe it ;)

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com