Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Ciao, Paolo ... it was good

So he's gone. Left us to return to his home in Rome. It was only a year but it was fun. The chipped penalty against the Arse, the tumble in the box at Leicester, the turning inside out of John Terry on Boxing day - that one was definitely worth it just to see the look on Wendals face once I had got up to the Manor.

As I say it has been good ... you'll always have a place Paulo.

Anyway, with one door shutting another always opens. Would you believe it ... two England international signing on at the Valley. Never in a million year. I've been texting all the Spudz fans I know, but had no reply ... surprised eh !!!! Danny Boy said that he wanted to work for an experienced English manager and the Fox in the box must just be happy to feel wanted.

Roll on Bolton.

I'm up in Blackpool this weekend. I get there early Saturday, have a few drinks then hot foot it across country to Horwich Parkway. Oh I can't wait. Am I allowed to put LOL here ... or should I actually say laugh out loud.

My tune of the day: My First Mistake - Michael Watford

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com