Tuesday, August 24, 2004

180 degres of seperation ...

So Kelly Holmes has gone and spoilt the party. She's only gone and won a gold medal. Great Britains third gold medal in womens athletics, ever. So how are we going to wallow in our own self pity if they only go and win. Jeeeez and peas.

So back to the Addicks. There are a few Charlton web pages I look at most days, Netaddicks being one of them ... although I do read some of the drivel and tut and Forever Charlton. Forever being a link to most things Charlton, but sometimes they just push you that extra mile. I've just looked at the site and they are singing the praises of the rise in Charlton blogs. To actually quote they say ...

"The humour and insight of the fanzine days is re -emerging."

Yep if you say so. Then they big up some of the stars listing All Quiet, Wyn Grant, and a new one called Reet Smoot. This page is meant to be a stream of conciousness Addick thoughts and left field humour. So it could be written by Graham right? And to top it all his pages also have the entire lyrics to Uptown Top Rankin at the bottom.

Uptown Top Rankin!!!! You're having me on. Althea & Donna at their best. Well back in 1978 it might have been, but really. So a novelty answer record gets the Addicks all shook up. Here's one for you, go get the lyrics for the record that A & D were answering. Trinity's "Three Piece Suit".

It's still summer. Well I think it is. It's now been overcast for the last 4 days and we're counting down to the Bank Holiday. You know it's going to rain come Sunday and Monday. I can't wait.

Oh ... and if anyone wants to buy an autographed Joma Charlton shirt let me know. I won it at the player of the year doo. It's signed by Curbs, most of the first team squad, and even Merv. I'm open to offers.

My tune of the day: Head Cup - Johnny Lover

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com