Monday, October 10, 2005

The World at our feet ....

So they've gone and qualified. Luckily Holland beat the Czech Republic and that sealed a slot. There does seem to be about 100 teams in next years World Cup, so we should be greatful. I would say that on current form we'd be hard pressed to beat Togo, Iran and the Isle of Man. Peter Crouch, supposedly he had a good game ... but I say in comparison to whom?

I headed down to Brighton on friday night. The Thameslink train took an hour and I got picked up from the station. A quick change and straight out on the Chocolate Martini's. It was a night called "Where love lives" in a club under the Hilton. A good night.

I met my Mum for lunch on Saturday afternoon and had a few more Chocolate Martinis back in a bar called Heist. I was then lucky that Claires fella, Stewie was driving back to London ... so I jumped in with him.

Saturday night, I popped into the Vanburgh to see Mr and Mrs Graham who are off to Canada at some point this week. I have linked to his blog over there on the right ... the Rocky Mountain one. It was good to see some old faces, PQ of course ... you can't get any older, Kev, who is now single but still in Stockholm, Sarge with Mrs Sarge and the usual motley crew. A very strange experience really because I'd have to say it was quite a rowdy affair and not like a leaving type thingy at all. The chances are that if G stays in Canada we may never see him again. I presume he'll be back for the odd Charlton game etc, but you get my drift. All very weird. Gerry mantioned that I had been chatting to his Mrs on MSN thinking it was him. Phew is all I can say.

I read a bit of Grahams blog and was interested in his take on Lewisham. He says and I quote ...

" afterwards it was down to Lewisham to get some new contact lenses, Lewisham is a strange place - some lovely Victorianhouses, a dull shopping centre & a constant underscore of violence & menace "

Hmmm, underscore of violence and menace. For whom I wonder??? I for one think there's more an underlying menace in places like Bexleyheath, Sidcup and Dratford than Lewisham. But it's a different perspective, it's a different take on how one fits in. Ho hum.

My tune of the day: Here's to you - Metropolis ft the Sweethearts

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com