Monday, October 03, 2005

Fair weathered friends

I actually left my phone at home on Saturday. It was a mistake on my part, but when I did eventually get home, I had 10 missed calls and 14 texts. All from gloating Spudz fans wanting to give it. You know give me some grief given that Charlton are to Spurs what David was to Goliath. My mother always says that I should be a Spudz fan. Given that we lived in Seven Sisters and that if we'd have stayed in North London they would be where I would have hung my scarf. Thank FCUK for that. The abuse that they dished out to "Our" Darren when he was forced off the pitch with a head injury was criminal. When you see the pictures on MotD of Darren celebrating his second goal there is a group of Spudz fools giving him the bird in the background. Somewhere I missed that bit of history. But anyway, they beat us ... so we should move on.

But before I do, I just have to say that our lack of playmanship and little niggley fouls ia also criminal. If Davids pulled one shirt he pulled 20. He broke the play up when a player got away from him. That's the way to do it, nothing overly blatant but just enough to stop the Spudz charging from one end of the pitch to the other and then scoring what would be the winning goal. Surely if Chrissy Powell or one of the Midfielders had just pulled a man back and taken a yellow we wouldn't have conceeded that third. I'd get my Sunday team to do it, so why Charlton can't work it out is ... well!!!!!!

I had to have some retail therapy yesterday. I was in a proper stinker of a mood, so bought some new jeans. I then spent 4 hours ironing as I watched Finding Neverland on DVD. Quite a nice film.

My Ipods not working. I was warned that it's crap ... but you never learn.

My tune of the day: Cry my eyes out - Bunny Sigler

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com