Monday, October 31, 2005

Stuffed ...

It's quite easy being a Charlton fan. Some great moments in the spotlight, then some Sundays ruined by woeful performances on the Saturday. These days I don't get too caught up in it. I'll take a win, but can spot a defeat a mile off. Why I never had a pound on Kevin Nolan on Saturday? We are in reality not that great. We have a competent team a few good players, but a few suspect. I don't really see what Inspector Spector will do for the team. When you realise it took Luke Young a good two years to settle down into the Charlton way of thinking/ playing taking Spector on loan for a season was never going to work. What are we in the business of helping UMan U develop players? If Spector turns out to be a great defender we will be doing ourselves no favours, if he turns out to be Pony we will be doing ourselves, er ... no favours. I don't get it myself.

I watched Batman Begins yesterday, and I'll have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I wasn't expecting too much, but it was a good Sunday lunchtime film that kept the interest going for two hours.

I had one of them Monday mornings today. It was dark and damp outside, the bed was warm and I could have just stayed there. I eventually got up, had a quick bath and strolled to the station. The trains are always delayed this time of year. Damp leaves on the line. It's also the time when people start spreading germs on the train. I'm going to get one of them Sars/ Bird Flu masks. That will be the look for winter.

I eventually got to Aldgate at a sensible time. Crossing the road near to Leman Street I was bibbed and splashed by some muppet racing round a corner. He then pulled into a nearby carpark and I'd ben having one of them mornings. Maybe not the greatest thing to do, but I go marching after him. What the hell are you playing at ...???? I yell. Learn your Green Cross Code he replies. I think at that point I should have used the C word and had done, but I burst out laughing, nodded my head said my dads bigger than your dad ... and went for a sausage sandwich.

My tune of the day: Date with the rain - Eddie Kendricks

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com