Thursday, May 13, 2004

In the Wonderland Zoo ...

Is it me or does the Maxine Carr paper stealing episode not quite ring true ...?? What are the chances of her release details etc, etc being in the back of a car. Exactly!!!!

I was reading through the Metro this morning and two things stood out. An ad telling us all about Improvements to the West Coast Railway, or to be exact details of weekend engineering works, great eh, and then details of how Gary Lucy bought the wrong item at an auction. He bought some rugs instead of an old Paul Weller guitar. That's definately a head shaker.

So lets put our hands up if we use skin moisturiser ... ??? Bernie???? Williams??? No thought not ...

So what has Jimmy Hill gone and done. Well he's only come out in support of Big Ronald. To quote our Jimmy, he says "In that context, you wouldn't think that words like n*gg*r were particularly insulting: it would be funny. Without meaning to insult any black men, it's us having fun. What about people who make jokes about my long chin? I mean, n*gg*r is black - so we have jokes where we call them niggers because they're black. Why should that be any more of an offence than someone calling me chinny? "

Yes indeed ... read it and weep. What's the world coming to eh???? Oh and I'll get me coat ...

Tune of the day: Teacher don't teach me no sense - Fela Kuti

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com