Monday, January 26, 2004

We're on our way to Wembley ...

FA Cup result of the weekend ... Charlton Athletic 2 Fulham 1. Wow you say, or even hang on ... didn't Charlton get beaten by Gillingham in the previous round. Yes they bleedin did. But this result was for the ladies. Yes, Charlton Ladies ended Fulhams 78 match unbeaten run in domestic football. Hey, all good things come to an end, don't they????

I had a lazy one, I didn't do any decorating ... I just could get the enthusiasm. I'm sure you've all been there. I had a lazy Friday night in front of 'Too fast, too furious' on DVD. A lads film, fairly lightweight ... but was ok for an hour and a half. I'm easy to please me.

I even watched the Chelsea game on Saturday. Fairly typical stuff, freezing cold day on a bumpy pitch, Chelsea won 1-0 and Scarborough had a penalty not given. There you have it. A typical FA Cup match ... the magic of the cup my arse.

No news on Scott Parker. But reading between the lines I think he is off. I had to laugh on Saturday when news reached the Charlton Athletic e-mail list that the big Scott Parker/ Joma posters hanging outside the Valley had been taken down. There were people up in arms, people going down to the Valley to take pictures of them. Blimey ... it was only a joke :)

Well I think he's off so good luck to him ... but see ya!!!!

I ended up in Pacha on Saturday night. Looking good as always. It was a Hed Kandi night, but what I forgot is that Hed Kandi is house music compilations for the masses. They brand themselves as a lifestyle, but come on guys ... it's a pack 'em in, turn 'em out mentality. There were the usual burb-anites in there ... Bromley/ Wanstead en mass ... all wearing D&G. Good luck to them, but not really my sort of style. The music was a tad too hard as well. A lack of a journey in sound, more of a tribal gathering. Well I was in there for 6 hours spent shed loads of dosh ... and lay on the settee all day Sunday in a comatosed state. It's all good ... lol.

It's a new week, and a new beginning. I'm meant to be joining a gym today. Hmmm ...I think I'll wait 'til tomorrow. I just can't face it today. I'm sure you've all been there as well!!!!! I haven't been to a gym for about 4 years. I do find them boring ... overpriced, but I need to. I think I need to drop half a stone before the cricket season is upon us. I need to get my level of fitness up to hit the ground running, instead of taking a half a season to get in the groove. I can't wait 'til tomorrow.

My tune of the day: The O'Jays - Darlin' Darlin' Baby (Sweet, Tender Love)

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com