Monday, August 21, 2006

Familiarity breeds contempt

Or so they say. I don't believe it, or didn't that is until I turned up at Upton Park on Saturday. Another saying is, the more things change the more they stay the same. Does anyone know that one?

So we rolled out a couple of new signings. Carson in goal, now I won't call him Frank because Frank Carson usually puts on a good performance, Amady Faye who seemed a tad lost, but playing with Matt Holland you can understand why, Jimmy of the Hasselbaink was lesft on his own, and started to moan too early in his Charlton career for my liking, and last but of course not least Djimmini "Cricket" Traore who put his left leg in, and forgot to take it out, turn around or do the pokey hokey kokey. Oh well, that's 3 points down the swannie. I tell thee what though, I was a little worried about Lil Bent. Apart from the Pen, he wasn't really in the game, I just hope that he gets up to speed as soon as. It's always a pleasure pottering over to Green Lane, just to see how the other half live. If you want some Mooli, or some bling it's the place to be, but I'm not sure what Mr Bowyer makes of it all when he pulls up in his Bentley.

There was a little bit of expectancy oozing from me at the first whistle, but reality bites. I wasn't going to watch MotD, Sky Sunday or get the Sunday papers. Start the season as you mean to go on.

Oh I went to the Peninsular Chinese Restaurant on Friday. It had a few good reviews, but not from me. If you want an overpriced Chinese in the settings akin to a hotel reception (it really is in the reception) then this is the joint for you. If you want to have Din Sum, think again. None left. I went for the Eel, so I should have guessed it would be overcooked ... it was "Rubbery" and that isn't a classless chinese joke, it bleedin was rubbery. Stick to what you know in future, Archipelagos or bust for me.

The Blackwall Tunnell was fcuked again all weekend. So I stopped over in Leytonstone again last night. Three notes to park my car today was ok, but the fact that I had forgotten my belt made the trip to work interesting. Thank god for dressing gown belts, they rock.

Oh, the footie season's in full swing. It's UManU on Wednesday, gee I can't wait.

My tune of the day: Medicine Song - Stephanie Mills

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com