Friday, September 08, 2006

Take a time out ...

Well I must have subscribed to Time Out for just about a year. A weekly listing of all things to do in our great city. Cinema, theatre, a nice meal out, maybe a comedy show. Yep done them all. It's a thoroughly great read. It gives me the cost, the times, the dates ... absolutely everything. Yes, everything.

However ... and you knew there would be a however, it does like the sound of it's own voice. Well I say own voice, I mean voice of it's smug contributor. An example being details of the Chelsea v Charlton game tomorrow. Tell me the kick off time, tell me the price, but keep your West London biased oppinions to yourself. DB, we'll call him (but it could be a her)DF, because they only saw fit to write their initials at the end of the piece. Anyway DF really got my goat.

Just had a look on the Time Out webpage and DF is listed as Dave Faulkner. Go into google and see if you can find anything about this twat, because I cant be arsed ...

Anyway, I digress. DF thinks of himself of a wag. No not wife or girlfriend but a bona fide wag. Or otherwise he would have left his views at the bar in one of them cracking Australian Bars they have over that side of London. To quote, and I am happy to do that:

"Charlton usually enjoy their visits to Stamford Bridge and although it probably rankles that knocking the Blues out of last season's Carling Cup on penalties only counts as a draw (thus preserving Jose Mourinho's amazing home record). (No, nothing rankles here DF, we won and that's that). Nevertheless, their fans can still boast that they were the sole team to take a point from the fortress (sic!!!!) in last year's Premiership campaign. It's not difficult to assess the Addicks' start this term: swamped at West Ham (before and after Traore's sending off), (HELLOOO!!!!! Where you there DF, no you bleedin wellweren'tt, swamped is not the terminology I would have used as we were 1-0 up when Djimmi saw red.), thrashed by an in-form Manchester United (THRASHED!!!!) then belatedly seeing off a Bolton side who can't remember the last time they won away (Well given that we hadn't beaten Bolton at home in the Prem, it was a game after 2 defeats, and we had HH sent off, I think we did pretty well to beat "or" bogey team) . But after the Blues' shock defeat against Middlesbrough you can be assured nothing will be taken for granted. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink will be afforded a warm welcome again (I don't think so) , but it's his partner Darren Bent who'll provide the threat should his pedestrian team-mates in midfield and defence (now DF is proper having a laugh!!!! Frank Lumpard second best player in the world, I'll get my boots.) resort to last term's route one football. (And Chelsea never lumped it up ... no, no never!!!!!)

You know what? I'm actually pretty cheesed off with that. I buy TimeOut for it's listings not itspettinesss. Pay 50 notes to squat at Stamford Bridge, no thanks. I'll savour the moment at 4:45.

My tune of the day: Whicky, whacky - The FatBack Band

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com