Monday, September 18, 2006

The Honeymoon ...

If you start a new relationship, you can honestly say you'll get a good 6 months before Mr Mundane kicks in. You know them heart fluttering moments when she calls, sending flowers, aranging surprises, meals out, meals in, candles, clean bedsheets when she's going to stop over!!!! You get what I'm saying ...

Anyway I'm not waiting 6 months with Mr Dowie before I get a little concerned. My tether reached half way on Saturday when the jumping bean Lua Lua found half a yard and fired past Willie in the goal. I then sat there for 15 minutes as we stroked the ball around and showed no urgency until injury time. Matt Holland I don't understand. It's like he's treading water when he runs. Marcus Bent doesn't move, doesn't know where the channels are, Jimmy moans (but we knew this before we signed him), Darren Bent doesn't get a decent pass all game, so the concensus must be to make sure he remains fit so we can sell him in January, Kishishev has an anvil for a foot, Luke Young, Darren Ambrose on the left means that they continually cut back onto their right foot, Jon Fortune is not fit but was willing to play, and this cost us the goial as he couldnt or wouldnt put his foot into a tackle, and poor old Amdy couldn't do it all himself.

It's Carlisle tomorrow and I'm sure they aren't quaking in their boots. I actually prefer these games because I get to see players who arent paid thousands to be shite. I remember when I knew most players in the Football League, nowadays I couldn't tell you who's who ... oh well, that's me being 27.

It's another lovely day ... all a bit weird given that August was wet and wild. Here's hoping it continues.

My tune of the day: Bad Habits - Jenny Burton

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com