Monday, July 31, 2006

Stranger than fiction ...

Seems like the same old crew did the Valencia weekend. A pic of Vince, with Lucy Les and Sirjamalot hit my mobile saturday night. The sun was shinning and the Charlton boys were in town. I got a text saying we were 2-0 down and they were all over us. I was quite happy Sunday morning to learn that it had ended 3-1. It's pre-season ... we are being told that the Valencia players were better on the ball, they had better control, used it better etc, etc ... well I could have told you that, and I was sitting on a settee in Leytonstone. Wonders never cease.

I've not been overly concerned, but a lack of quality signings is starting to rub away at my Charlton preseason optimism.

** Slight problem, why do people cut their nails in the office. Snip, snip .. snip .... **

We need a couple of midfielders, and the more time moves on the less time they have to bed in, etc .. you know learn the Charlton way. We don't want Holland and Hughes being the main men come Wet Sham. That just wouldn't work!!!!!!

Anyway it's Welling on Wednesday and my first glimpse of a Dowie team. It's going to be packed down at Park View Road as all the locals want to get a piece of football action.

I'm a bit worried about the Darren Bent situation. His cut hand has meant he hasn't been able to play in any games so far. That's not good. He needs to be match fit.

The weather seems to have turned, and everyone seems to be saying thank fcuk for that!!!! Blimey, I love the hot weather, the sun beating down. Maybe I'm strange like that, but I don't like rain.

There was one coat put on the wall friday. I'm hoping another coat may be done today along with the other small bits and pieces. The flats like a tip, so nothing new there then.

My tune of the day: Line dancing - The Littlemen

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com