Monday, November 29, 2004

Run Wabbitt ...

So the Run London 10km run has come and gone. I got as far as moving off of the setee, holding up the illuminated top so see if it glowed and then lying back down. Sod that I though ...

So shall I talk about Charlton? Shall I try to be as optimistic as I was on Friday? Should I try to work out what Danny Murphy's role in the team is? Should I bollox ...

Yes, yes ... Charlton weren't good, Chelsea were ... but I could always say that Charlton would play with a bit of passion, even if they couldn't string three passes together. Passion never reared it's ugly head on Saturday. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I've seen some pretty dire Charlton performances over the years. This wasn't one of them but when you add up the collective wages/money paid for the individual against the team output must come right at the top for worst performances. The programme, whoops matchday magazine has been doing a top ten performance list match on match and on Saturday reminded us of the 4-3 victory at Villa back in 99, when Brown-eye went in goal and Dandy Mills scored that winner with a minute to go. That was the match when I was dressed as a Pearly King and Tim Chick buggered up his knee. Anyway what would we have given for that team performance on Saturday. Mark Kinsella in midfield, Clive Mendonca up front. What we got was Danny Murphy strolling around in the middle of the park, refusing to run or close down his man and Shaun Bartlett so isolated up front it wasn't funny. Yes, match report after match report tells us how good Chels were, even AQITES tell us how Chel will win the league, but what I don't get is how people have had the audacity to question Jason Euells ability, commitment when Murphy is still in the team. I say get him out now, I'll actually volunteer to drive his back up North, as long as he keeps his mouth shut, put Euell in the centre of midfield, get Rommadhal playing of the wing, get Franny up with Bartlett and go find a decent, pacy centre half. Now that's not too hard is it. It's lucky that Norwich and West Brom are so bad, otherwise we may be in trouble. A forty thousand capacity stadium my ass.

I watched "A Day after tomorrow" yesterday. It was a great Sunday morning film, big sweeping special effects shots and a good, basic plot. If you're looking for an easy going film then this is the one. Or you could go and see the new Bridget Jones flick. It may even make you propose to your gal, or even a random gal. Go on you know you want to.

Well, I've definitely got the holiday blues at the moment. It's all too dark for me ... dark in the morning, dark at night ... what's that all about??? I need another break, okay maybe not a break, I just need to chill ...

I've decided not to go to Palarse on Sunday. I'm going to keep my £35 firmly in my pocket. I'm going to watch on Sky, shout at the inept performance, moan when we lose and then feel better that I'm not out of pocket.

I'm thinking of shaving off my hair. Zip it off and start again ... come on

My tune of the day: Shifting gears - Johhny Hammond

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com