Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Addicked to your love ...

So the Addicks have done the right thing and let Michael Turner sign for Brentford. Now the lad can concentrate on carving out a career for himself. But they are still up in arms, some of the mailing list lot. We've let one of our best young lads just walk away, how can we let him go when we need a centre half. Oh please, Michael Turner wasn't the answer to our problems ... so just let the lad get a good contract at a club that he may be able to make an impression at.

I think my days of flirting with the Sun are at an end. Yes, I know I should never have have bought it in the start, just for what they did re the Hillsborough stuff. But today I think has taken the biscuit. And for once I'm stumped for words. It's the old Stan Collymore story. Yes, we all know what Stan is about, but I just don't get the utter contempt the Sun and the public have for him. I just don't get it. They continually go on about him being a woman beater. Yep, we'll tick that one off ... then there's the dogger issue, but that's all about consenting adults surely, then we have the Ireland fight. So Stan has a book out, his publicists wants maximum exposure ... Yes, we get that as well. But why the utter hate? Gazza, whoops sorry G8 wrote about his serial victimisation of his wife and he is a cheeky chappy. Those that know, know ... but I just don't get it.

Yep, I'm up North this weekend. It will be nice to see some of the people ... they know who they are, you get no name checks here.

I invested in the Soul Heaven presents Jazzy Jeff "In the House" CD yesterday. Quality. Starting with Papa was a Rollin Stone through to I got Rhythm, this has had me dancing around the office all day. Go get yourself some ... you know it makes sense.

My tune of the day: Let's start the dance - Hamilton Bohannon


0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com