Friday, August 08, 2008

It's just not cricket ...

Sitting in ones own office has some disadvantages. But it also has some advantages. TMS or test match special to the uneducated can be listened to over t'internet. It actually brings a smile to my face. Listening to Boycott bang on about getting a duck in a specially arranged game in 1980 so he could have some batting practice. Listening to Ramps say that he hasn't danced in 2 years!!!! It's an institution ...

Bloody Virgin trains. So it's Charlton v Preston in late August. Tash is havin' it in Borabora, so I thought a weekend up at Tim's would be in order. Order a train ticket, then worry about a match ticket later on. But according to Virgin they have issued tickets for the outward journey but not the ones to come back!!! It's a Friday and Monday for fcuks sake. I'm not asking for the moon on a string or asking to take a rucksack up with me .... I want to book a train ticket for 3 weeks time. Call back next week they told me from Mumbai. WTF ....

Oh KP got out for 100. He scored his ton, puffed out his cheeks and chased a wide one. Not good enough said Boycott.

So the season kicks off tomorrow. Amady Faye has legged it to Stoke for a trial and we've signed Mark Hudson and Stuart Codhead. No sign of the classic, combative central midfielder we've been crying out for, for the last 3 years. That would be too easy.

However Pards seems to have changed his outlook. He was a tad forlorn a week ago. Now he's had a positive board meeting and he's looking to bring in a few bodies. I'm not holding my breathe.

They are just biggin up the chances of cricket at the 2012 Olympics. Now that's what I'm talking about to quote that Apprentice bloke.

It's school/ college holibobs at the mo, which means a plethora of rucksacks around town at the mo. So I'm walking to Charing Cross ...

My tune of the day: Comin round the mountain - Funkadelic

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com